The other night I was trying to fall asleep and sat thinking about my day. For some reason I got stuck on the gross amount of soda I had that day. I realized it was pretty normal for me to have up to 6 a day. This is SO.NOT.GOOD. Hence: Challenge Week.
I talked my usually game for a challenge mother into doing a week where we challenge ourselves and cut out or down some of our bad habits. She was of course enthusiastic. Here are our challenges:
1. Alcohol limited to one glass of wine per day
2. One soda per day
3. No artificial sweeteners if we can help it
4. Daily exercise
5. For me: One blog post or instagram post per day
6. For me: Greet mom after work with a cuppa!
7. For mom: Chop veggies in preparation for the next challenge
8. Fruits or veggies at every meal (easily done but I did have to expand it to include fruit because I can’t think of a way to incorporate veggies into my oatmeal).
Here we are, starting today. Lets see how we do come Friday. Mom started calling it Miracle Week and I almost like that better. Clean up the bodily clutter, clean up the mental clutter.